Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tea Parties and Dancing

Yes, I'm a blogging fiend today. We've got a bushel of green beans coming tonight and I'll need to string them so canning can start tomorrow, therefore, I am making the most of the time I have today.
Last night, in searching for something else, Evie and I found her tea set that I haven't been able to find since the move. Well, after lunch, the girls got all dressed up and we set out the teapot, cups, and saucers. Evie chose the dress her cousin, Mary Mac, brought back from Spain and Mary Fran chose a dress I believe MeMe gave her. They were ready to go! A formal pose before the festivities began. They are too much sometimes!
Evie, the big girl, drinking from her tea cup. They only got 3 small cups of tea as it was caffeinated, you know, nap time is important around here. :)
Mary Fran had no trouble getting the hang of things. They were both so dainty with their cups!
Cheers!
After the tea party, a request was made for dancing and so we put on The Temptations. Here they are twirling with their dancing shoes on.
After the twirling, they did the "crazy dance" as Evie called it.
The last dance was the "mingo dance" (flamingo). Eves got out the fan Mary Mac brought them back and did a really good job doing a "mingo dance." Of course, Mary Fran imitated her. Oh, these are wonderful days!

2 comments:

RHAM said...

They are so precious! Tea parties are great at any age, my Red Hat Society sisters and I love tea parties too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! THEY ARE JUST TOO PRECIOUS!!! The tea set looks like it worked out perfectly!!! They are definitely dainty! I just want to jump into the computer to get to them!!
HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL!! Love, MeMe