This evening after supper the girls and I went on an "expotition" (to quote Winnie-the-Pooh). The business had a late service call come in so Drew had to go take care of it. On our property down near the road we noticed some wild blackberry bushes that had some fruit ripening. The girls and I had also gone on a leisurely walk this afternoon and found some other bushes just down the street and decided we'd check those out, too. With bowls in hand, we set out.
First, we stopped at the bushes on our property and harvested the bottom of a Cool Whip bowl full. Of course, I did the picking while the girls watched (and pretended their bowls were hats) as the terrain was not conducive to little feet. After dividing them evenly (and saving some for daddy), we headed down the hill to the bushes we spied on our walk. We were careful to be on the lookout for more bushes and found some just down from us next to the road from us but they were still growing and ripening...a couple of weeks before that harvest. :) By the time we got to our second destination, Evie had eaten all of hers and was trying to get Mary Fran to share hers. Not happening. We found a good many down the road, split those up, and headed back home.
It was a beautiful evening and we enjoyed our "expotition" very much. Words cannot express what a sweet time it was with the girls looking for deer, blackberries, and enjoying our loot. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures as I was by myself with the girls and had "gear." It was priceless, though, to slow down and enjoy each other and the beautiful creation the Lord has given us.
No comments:
Post a Comment