Well, I thought Ward might be coming early this morning but, alas, no. I started having regular contractions around 11:30 PM that were 7 minutes apart but weren't really painful so I went to sleep. I woke up around 2:30 AM with a contraction and started to time them. At that point they were 5 minutes apart and felt as though they were getting more intense. Seeing as how labor with Mary Fran started this way and went very quickly I called Carrington and she said her gut told her I needed to go on to the hospital. Karen, Drew's mom, came over and we headed down the mountain.
Once we arrived, I was put on the monitors which showed my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart and that Ward was fine. I had dilated to 1 cm and we thought I might be in early labor. Drew and I both rested and about 7 AM I started to walk the halls to see if that would help things progress. At 9 AM, I hadn't dilated anymore, my contractions were more like 5 minutes apart and it became apparent that I should go on home and labor there if I was in fact in labor.
Drew and I both rested at home as the girls stayed with Grandmama (they loved it!). Drew went in to work and then met me at Carrington's about 4 PM. Again, still contracting but not painful and no further dilation. Carrington felt this probably wasn't labor but rather uterine irritation from the urinary tract infection I have (I've been on 4 days of antibiotics). I'm to go about my business and go back next week.
So, there you have it...Drew and I are tired and somewhat disappointed this wasn't "the time" but glad Ward's still doing fine. We'll keep you updated!
2 comments:
We were ready to have Little Caesars if he came today - but don't worry, we are always ready for some LC - so we will look forward to his arrival and the celebration dinner in God's timing!!!
I had the same thing with MM- UTI and then contractions. Hope you are able to get some rest today!
Post a Comment