Friday, September 26, 2008

Preschool and Haircuts

Hello all! This has been a laid back week which is so nice. We did have preschool on Tuesday and the girls had a grand time! Daphne graciously offered to take my "turn" the past Tuesday with the uncertainty of Ward's arrival and did an absolutely fabulous job! The letter they learned about was "B" and bookmarks, bird feeders, and rainbows were made (the rainbow went along with Noah's story that they read). Blueberries and bananas were for snack and Daphne invited us to stay and eat black beans and rice for lunch. Talk about a "B" day! I don't have any pictures but you can check out Daph's blog and pictures over at her place here. It was nice to have some time to myself to mop the floors and get the girl's winter clothes hung up and summer clothes put up. Yes, that's right Fall has arrived here in Boone with mid-60 highs and mid to upper-40 lows. I kept thinking, "It's early to be putting out winter clothes" but then I reminded myself that it's the end of September and time for cool weather up here!
Wednesday was also a big day in that Mary Fran got her first haircut. What a big time! No, I don't have any pictures as I knew it would not be a tear free experience for our little "timid one." Evie went as well to "help Mary Fran be brave" as she said. :) The plan was to have MF sit on my lap while I got my haircut and then let her have her turn. However, one of the other ladies at the shop distracted both girls with a talcum powder brush and Karen was able to get a couple of snips in. Then, MF figured out what was going on and turned on the waterworks. Thankfully, there was only about 2 or 3 more snips needed. This was not a huge haircut...just to even out her hair and encourage it to grow. Miss Karen rewarded both girls with Tootsie Roll Pops and all was well after that!
We've been home the rest of the week and that has been more than nice. We've had time to draw, do puzzles, "cook" in the kitchen, read books, and just enjoy each other. It has been such a blessing as I think the girls can sense a big change coming soon. They are excited about Ward coming (they told him to come on out through my belly yesterday) but are a little more clingy right now. That's fine with me as I love to snuggle!
Speaking of Ward, all is well. I went to Carrington Wednesday and am still dilated to 1 cm and 25% effaced. No change and as I told Drew earlier, I just had a feeling he wasn't coming this week. It's a good thing, too, as Dustin and Winston have been out of town this week and Drew has been holding down the fort. Anytime now as far as I'm concerned! I'm so ready to meet this little guy and get the next phase of our life going but I know that God's timing is perfect and he will come when it's time and not necessarily on my timetable. Having said that, please pray for a continued healthy pregnancy and uneventful labor and delivery. My labor and delivery with MF was so quick and easy, I'm not sure what to expect this time around! Hopefully, it will be the same but you never know! That leads me to my next prayer request...that the Lord would give me the exact measure of grace and strength to make it through labor and delivery.
Keep checking back in as we'll try to post before heading to the hospital!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad your girls enjoyed "B" day - now it is on to find as many "C" words to take advantage of!!! We are looking forward to meeting Ward soon!