Saturday, September 20, 2008

Friday Night Live

Yesterday was a "live" Friday. We started off the day early to make it to the opening of the Boone United Methodist Church Bazaar. This was my first year going but Daphne has gone before and told me of the great deals you can get, especially on kid's things. Unfortunately, this year (from what Daph said) was not as fruitful but we found a few good things for us (we weren't looking for/needing much). I found three "Angelina Ballerina" puzzles for the girls, "Twister," 2 sweaters for Evie, a dry erase book for Evie to trace her letters, and 8 classic books to add to our library for the kids in a few years. All of this set us back $8.05. Can't beat that, huh? :)
We did the puzzles in the afternoon and I was quite impressed. Mary Fran helped some but mostly drew on the Magna Doodle. Evie completed the puzzles with some help from me but did well on her own. The full picture was under the pieces which helped but she was able to take the pieces, look at them, then the picture, and figure out where they fit. Yes, I'm bragging but you just can't help it sometimes! :)
After dinner and getting ready for bed we opened up Twister. Drew played the first game but then decided to sit the next out. :) Of course, I couldn't play because I don't believe I could have kept my balance. I'm a little front heavy at this time in life. ;) I picked up the game at the sale because not only is it a fun game but I thought it'd be great to reinforce right and left plus colors. Evie has a good grasp on right vs. left and Mary Fran is really catching on but how fun is it to play a game to learn it instead of pure memorization? Here are a few pictures from the evening...
"Put your left foot on blue."
"Come on, Evie, you can do it!" says Mary Fran.
We also had a huge milestone reached...Mary Fran slept in her "big girl bed." It's the trundle from the new twin bed but still qualifies as a "big girl bed." Both Evie and Mary Fran were quite excited to try this again as they are both all better from their colds. It went off without a hitch! Both girls did great all night long! This morning, Evie came into our room and said, "Daddy, Mary Fran's talking to me." Drew told her, "That's fine in the morning. That's part of the fun of sharing a room with each other! You can talk to her." "OK," says Eves. Then we hear, "Mary Fran, can I lay with you?" "Uh huh" followed by laughing a playing. What sweet times!

No comments: