Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Big 3-0!

Yes, today is a milestone birthday for me...the big 3-0. Now, I don't mind being 30 it just sounds weird because I feel like I'm about 24. Yes, 24 was a good age. As far as the picture goes, please don't mind it. The next most recent one was from Christmas. As a mommy, you don't have many pics of yourself which is as it should be.
As I was approaching this monumental day, I started thinking about my 20's and what all has happened. I once heard a pastor say that, for the most part, a person's 20's are the single most transitional time of one's life. I've often reflected on that and as I look at that period in my life I would say I agree with his assessment. To share a glimpse of my life with you, here's a look back...
In my 20's I have accepted Christ, stopped cheerleading, graduated from college, been accepted to and made it through Physician Assistant school, accepted my first "real world" job, met and married Drew, left my home state, started a new job, become a mother, learned what a homemaker truly is, learned about and decided to homeschool, and made truly lifelong friends. My life has been and is so full. As I have looked back I can truly see God's hand over my life and am overcome with gratitude and worship as I see Him leading and loving me just as a parent does a child. This has been a time of transition but also of wonderful lessons and great excitement.
As great as my 20's were I am truly looking forward to this next decade in my life. So, with great anticipation, so long 20's bring on the 30's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me...I'll try to look forward to 30 with more positive anticipation!! I'll have to start some 20's reflection! Happy Birthday, Frances!

All In Lexington said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day. My mom has always said that her 30's have been her favorite time, so I'm actually looking forward to it. I enjoyed reading your reflections on your 20's...you've certainly stayed busy! :) Happy Birthday to Mary Fran too, it looks like she had a great one!