Two years ago I woke up on my birthday with some cramping in my lower abdomen. It was very different than labor with Evie so I wasn't even sure I was in labor. I told Drew I was going to go for a walk with Evie because if I was in labor it would keep it going. :) Well, after getting back I decided to call Carrington and she said to come on in. I was dilated to 3 cm and 75% effaced (thinned out). I definitely was in labor! She told me to go on out to my birthday lunch with the Petrey ladies, get Evie down and taken care of, and then come back and we'd head down the mountain to have this little one. Two hours later I was in her office dilated to 5 cm and 90% effaced! This labor was moving fast and I really wasn't having overwhelming pain with the contractions! We got to the hospital about 2:45 and Mary Fran entered the world a little after 5 PM. Not only did God give me a beautiful, healthy little girl on my birthday but a very easy labor!Little Mary Fran is just that...little. She is and has always been in about the 10th percentile for her age. Small stature aside she has quite the spirit! We thought after she was born that this was our "laid back" child. This was true until about 18 months and her personality really came out! Mary Fran is our resident "ham" and loves to make us laugh. Books are her best friends and she will "read" them for hours. Her other favorite thing is to "cook" with mommy or in the play kitchen we have. Cheese seems to be on her menu most of the time.
The most endearing thing about little MF is how affectionate she is. She loves to give kisses and hugs for any reason or no reason at all and all of us are more than happy to receive them. I also have a feeling that she will have a full shoe collection when she gets older. Mary Fran loves to get in her shoe drawer, try on different shoes, and come out and show us all. Of course, her best friend is Evie which she will gladly tell you if you ask.
We love our Mary Fran and are so blessed to have her in our lives!
1 comment:
Mary Fran certainly is the affectionate one...now are you going to post again today, "I turned __ today!" Tell us how it feels!!! (wink wink)
Post a Comment