Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Home Again, Home Again!

Fran here, back to posting. I'll have to say that Drew did a great job and it seems everyone enjoyed the "live blogging." Thanks, Drew!
We're home and settling in. The girls are really enjoying having Ward home with us. MaMaw and Paw Paw brought dinner tonight which was such a blessing when we got home. Ward is nursing like a champ and sleeping well, too. How wonderful! We'll see how that goes tonight. :)
I told Drew today that thinking back on the events of yesterday it all seems somewhat surreal. It's always that way for me after we have a baby and Ward was no exception. All in all, the labor and delivery was not terrible. From the time I became conscious of it (2:30 am Monday) to his arrival (4:56 pm) only 14 hours transpired. The most intense parts only lasted an hour and a half, so I am a blessed woman. Don't get me wrong, they call it labor for a good reason but I know it could have been much worse! I certainly could not have gotten through it without Drew. He is such a wonderful coach. We are also blessed to have an incredible midwife and I am indebted to her as well, once again.
We've got some good pictures but I just don't have the time or energy to look through them right now and download them. I'll try to post tomorrow but wanted to thank everyone for your prayers in this wonderful time in our lives.

1 comment:

One of Us said...

Hey Fran,
Glad to hear you're doing well now and all! I appreciate the live blogging and the pictures, but if there's just one thing I can say, would you mind just putting a comb through your hair or something? Just a thought......

Love ya!!

-Your favorite brother.