This has been and continues to be a long winter. The first winter Drew and I were married ('03-'04) was a tough one for me personally because there was a lot of snow, wind, and frigid temperatures and many more winter months than I had ever been used to. The winter of '09-'10 has been much tougher. I have wanted several times to just give in and succumb to a winter depression. It has been very tempting at times and I have given in as well with a very abrasive, sour attitude. Then, I reread this post I had written a while back.
I will choose thankfulness. It is a decision and is sometimes harder to make than others. I am so ready for milder temperatures and less snow but there is a "a time for every matter under heaven" (Ecc 3:1). It will be a beautiful spring this year and we will most certainly revel in every moment of it. However, I have determined in my heart to enjoy the moments we have now in all of the snow, ice, and cold to behold the beauty of snow and remember that for beautiful flowers to bloom, they must first die back. Every day is a gift and I am learning that more and more each day.
3 comments:
Hey, I like that post honey, I'm glad you're with me during our long winter!
Drew
Me, too, honey.
I can only imagine how tough it has to be to be feel so tied down with all that snow!! I just want you to know that you are such a great inspiration to so many...I don't even think you realize. Hold tight to the fact that your 'desire is what will give you your renewed strength and you will not grow weary!' Isaiah 57:10
Post a Comment