As I was running this morning, I was thinking of all that exists in my life and what I am thankful for (as cliche as it sounds). The past couple of weeks, especially this past weekend through Tuesday, were extremely busy. I woke up Monday thinking of all that needed to be done but thankful for that work because it meant I have a purpose. Work at your hands is a wonderful thing when you see it as the Lord sees it. Here are a few other reflections...The fact that I am up by 7 AM (and a couple of times at night) means I have a healthy baby who is able to get his nourishment from me without any problems.
The fact that I cannot sleep past 7:30 means I am blessed with healthy children who I get to stay home with everyday.
The fact that I have a mess to clean means I am blessed with a roof over my head and a house to take care of.
The fact that I have bills to pay means we have heat when it's cold, air conditioning when it's hot, water running through our pipes, and lights when it's dark.
The fact that we have to pay for oil changes and gas means we have a reliable car to get from one place to another.
The fact that there are dishes to clean means we have food to eat.
The fact that I have an increasing amount of laundry to do means we have clothes to keep us warm and covered and the increasing amount means the Lord has seen fit to continue to add to our family.
The fact that I have someone else to consider when making decisions means I have a husband who loves me and protects me.
And most importantly, the fact that I can be certain I will one day spend eternity in Heaven means that at the beginning of time Jesus looked down the passage of time, saw me, and humbled Himself to come to Earth as a baby, be persecuted, and die a horrible and cruel death so that I could spend eternity with Him. Even more importantly, He didn't do it just for me but for every one of us.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are able to see blessings in every part of life.
1 comment:
What a great post and reminder to be thankful for the things that often cause me stress...thanks for sharing the sunny side!
Post a Comment