Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wing Challenge '10

Ever since Super Bowl '07 the Petrey clan has had a "Wing Challenge." The three Petrey men have tried their hands at wings for the rest of us to sample and also for them to be judged. If you don't know the Petrey's then I will have to tell you that this is a serious competition as with any other competition around here. All the guys have won it once: Drew in 2007 ("The Wingdom Heirs"), Winston in 2008 ("Wingin' It"), and Dustin in 2009 ("The Wingalings").
This year I was asked to be a judge. Truth be told I am not a big wing fan but was glad to be in on everything. I did stay away when Drew was getting he concoction ready to make it fair, mind you. My sister-in-law, Daph, who is very creative put together costumes for all the judges (Karen, Daph, and myself). Take a look below...

Like I said, this is a serious competition. You will see Winston's wings nearest, Drew's in the middle, and Dustin's are the farthest away. Of course we were blind to all of this while judging. And the winner is...
Drew Petrey!!!! (He's so humble) Congratulating last year's winner and passing on the coveted blazer (actually Drew's grandad's blazer that we have dubbed the winning jacket). Again, we take this seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The judges are HILARIOUS!! Who could take them seriously with that "get up"?! ;>) I absolutely LOVE Karen's "outfit"!!! Clever, clever Daphne!! Looks like some delicious fun! Yummmm...
Love to all! Debbie/MeMe