Friday, February 26, 2010

Sim's BBQ

Last Saturday we went down to Granite Falls to visit Sim's BBQ with our friends, the Rowan's. It's a family owned restaurant that serves great BBQ and has live bluegrass entertainment with dancing. We had a great time! The buffet was wonderful complete with BBQ chicken, pork, and beef, coleslaw, rolls, white bread :), baked beans, and my personal favorite, corn fritters (silver dollar sized cornmeal pancakes). The entertainment was great and the kids had quite a time dancing around.







Like I said, the kids had a time dancing around. Notice MF and Joseph listening to the speaker. Thankfully, I don't think any sound was coming out of there.






Sorry for the dark lighting but there just wasn't a whole lot in there. The older girl you see in the red shirt on the right was one of the girls on the clogging team Sim's has. She came up to Evie and asked her if she wanted to dance with them. Can you imagine her excitement? I think we've got a future clogger on our hands!






They also had a kid's square dance before the adult one. Eves, of course, jumped right in. The rest of the kiddos just watched. Drew and I did the adult one and had no clue what we were doing. It was a lot of fun, though, and I'll never pass up a chance to dance with my hubby!

Heath did join in near the end. Incidentally, Heath asked Drew if he could dance with Evie. His dad told him that if he wanted to dance with her, he needed to ask her dad. Drew consented. (Kudos to Jordan for that great piece of parenting. The way I see it, just like with manners, if you teach them now how to be gentlemanly, then when they get older it will just be second nature.) Unfortunately, Evie turned him down (nicely) because she wanted to dance by herself. Heath took it well but I talked to her about how it takes a lot of courage for a boy to ask a girl to dance and she should go on and accept. While she understood that she just wanted to dance by herself and then we found out in the car that she didn't want to dance with him because he wasn't her husband. :) An explanation then came that it was OK to dance with a boy before they're married.

This young fella was also in the square dance. I think this might be in our future. ;)

Sweet Julia Kate Rowan

No comments: