Ward turned the big "7 months" today which, of course, is hard for me to believe. Our Ward is so full of life and such a wiggle worm! He reminds me a lot of Evie in his expressiveness and constant motion and I am looking forward to seeing how that develops as he gets older. One of his favorite past times is to get in his excersaucer and jump up and down making all sorts of noise and giving us his signature grin. He knows exactly what he's doing!
As you know, we've been having trouble getting on top of the atopic eczema on his cheeks and chin. We went back last Wednesday as it wasn't getting better and our dermatologist put him on a short course of an oral steroid along with the topical steroid and topical antibiotic ointment. It really helped over the weekend but as soon as he was off of the oral steroid it started to get worse again. I took him back today and she and I decided that as much as we wanted to avoid the next course of action Ward had proven that he needed both an oral antibiotic plus a longer course of the steroid to get it under control. I really like our dermatologist as I feel she knows when and how to be conservative and when to be aggressive. Plus, she prescribes generics whenever possible. I think we could've worked well together. But I digress... As soon as I got him home (3:30), I gave him a dose of both meds and when he got up from his nap at 6 he looked much better already. Looks like this will do the trick!
On other notes, he started solids this past weekend but I've decided to stop them. He is not that interested in them as he didn't want any applesauce this morning at all. I figure we'll stop for now, get his skin under control, and try again when he seems more interested.
To end, we got some great video this evening of Eves and Ward. Evie found that Ward thought it was HILARIOUS when she hit her birthday balloon right close to his face. Please enjoy this video of our youngest cackling and an ending shot of the whole family!
2 comments:
oh my goodness!!!! he is just ADORABLE!! and that laugh just melts my heart, im sure it would melt anyones heart for that matter! From the way your describe him he sounds a lot like Mr. Riley at that age :)
LOVE IT!!! HOW PRECIOUS!!! THAT LAUGH IS INFECTOUS! I just want to jump into the computer to be with my precious babies!!! I absolutely LOVE the pics from the tea party!! It looks like fun!! Those are quite the young ladies!!! Love the pinkies!!!
Love to all! MeMe/Mom/Debbie
Post a Comment