Saturday, April 11, 2009

Of the Week...

Yes, I know, I have not updated our blog in a while. To be honest, with the weather we've had (details below) I just have been unmotivated. Anywho, we had preschool on Tuesday and the kiddos learned about the letter "V" with violins and made vegetable placemats. It was my Tuesday "off" so I don't have any pics to chronicle the day. Sorry! One night this week Dus and Daph invited us down to eat. I'm not sure which night as we are down there/they're up here so much that I lose track. Anywho, the girls all took a bath together and I did get a picture of that.
Are they not four peas in a pod?
And this is what I mean about our weather this week. Yep, snow arrived on Tuesday and finally left Wednesday night. The good thing about April snows up here, though, is that the ground has gotten warm and it usually doesn't stick around for too long. It was gone Thursday under beautiful sunny skies!
Blow baby, blow!
We have had some illness around here. We've all been a little snotty with a mild cough for about 10 days after things started blooming. However, Ward's cough developed a wheeze on Wednesday but his lungs sounds were clear. We decided to keep the humidifier going in the house and in his room and it seemed to help some. However, on Thursday the wheeze got worse and he was grunting more so I decided to take him to the doctor. His O2 sats were in the upper 90's so there was no concern there but they gave him a nebulizer treatment which, unfortunately, didn't really help much. The diagnosis was bronchiolitis which only 20-25% of children with it respond to nebulizer treatments. Treatment includes suctioning out his nose, running the humidifier, and watching him for respiratory distress. I'm glad to say that he has gotten progressively better over the past two days and is well on the road to recovery.
We enjoyed having Drew home yesterday but he didn't feel well either. Thankfully, he feels better today but is just weak and should be back to normal in a day or two. He has been going back and forth to Greensboro this week for a sales training class. I am proud to say that out of 38 seasoned HVAC salesmen my Drew was selected as the "Best Presenter." Now, let me just say that I believe Drew didn't get this honor by being a "slick salesman" but rather the others there saw that Drew really does care about his customers and serving them and not just about the bottom line.
Today the girls were invited to Grandmama's to dye Easter eggs and they were more than excited about it. Ward and I did some grocery shopping while Daddy got better at home. They had a wonderful time. Thanks, Grandmama!
So with that update I will end by saying that everyone is resting now and I believe I will join them...

No comments: