Sunday, May 31, 2009

Little Critters

Yesterday was a big day. Drew decided that the basement was going to be cleaned out and the floor pressure washed. The basement floor looks great and we will be going through the remaining stuff in the next couple of nights and putting it back in order. But I digress...
Drew was downstairs with is trusty sidekick, Evie, while I was getting some things in order upstairs with MF and Ward. Evie came upstairs with our camera and said, "Hey, Mommy. Daddy wanted me to show the pictures of the snail we found downstairs." Sure enough this little guy was crawling around near our raised bed...
Isn't that great?
Showing us how small it is.
Science class in action! MF, Ward, Evie, and I all went back downstairs to observe the little fella (or lady) and then we moved it (so we wouldn't accidentally step on it). Before he was moved, however, we gave a quick, informal but educational talk on snails and how they move. Next time I think we'll put him in our bug box so we can observe it for a while. If only I can remember where it is...

Just had to put this one in as I couldn't not. This was right before they helped Daddy put up our hummingbird feeder. (Notice MF's little screwdriver and tape measure.) They were quite the helpers and then proceeded to get rid of every spider web seen between the slats on the deck. I just love Spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW INTERESTING!! I'm so glad they love to see and observe "little critters"! What a great way to learn! I love the "little workers" and their tools! Too cute!
Love to all! MeMe