Thursday, May 28, 2009

Growing Season

With all this rain we've had (and continue to have), our plants are growing like no tomorrow! We have been down to check on everything the past two mornings and I thought I'd take some pictures of the progress...
We bought two blueberry bushes last year and they are doing really well. This is the bigger one of the two. In a couple of years this one should be big enough to have plenty to eat and freeze!
Our lettuce is doing well, too. Salad, anyone?
Our squash, watermelon, zucchini, and peppers are doing really well.
Our cucumbers are doing well, too (in the back), but what is really exciting is seeing our beans sprout up from seed. The girls are loving watching this!
And lastly, our collards coming up from seed. This is so facinating to me as I've never seen collards growing! I'll keep an update on how everything goes so keep tuning in!

2 comments:

Mary said...

thanks for sharing! i love veggies!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm impressed! What a good looking garden!! Paw Paw would be so proud! I know that is exciting for the girls to see the "fruits of their labor"! I can't wait to see it when things are ready to be picked!! YUMMMM!!