Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our Chef and Tarzan

Up here in the mountains our harvest starts later than further down South. Therefore, we are still harvesting tomatoes and they are good. I was getting supper ready Wednesday night with Evie's help and she had an idea for using our freshly picked tomatoes. She thought it great to cut them in half, top them with cheddar cheese and call them "Cheesy Tomato Tarts." She went to work right away (with mommy supervising the knife handling). I have to say that they were really good and Drew, who really doesn't like raw tomatoes, liked them as well. Last night she whipped up another round of them for church today (we eat a pot luck dinner together every Sunday). They were a big hit!
Chef Evie with her creation Thursday night (I forgot to get a pic Wed night and she made some more Thursday).
Coming out of the kitchen today at church I found Ward and Kathryn playing under the food table. Looks like we have Tarzan in our house now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Evie!! You are so creative!! Ward is our little monkey!

g'mama

Anonymous said...

I'm loving Ward's southern accent! It's too cute!
Molly