September 7th was a BIG day! Not only was it Mary Fran and my birthday, it was Evie's first "official" day of school. She's been looking forward to it for a while, as have I, and picked out a special outfit to wear on Monday night.
For the first 10 days in My Father's World curriculum we study Creation along with some letter recognition exercises. I skipped the letter recognition since Evie has that down and we started on the Creation Scripture and activities. Karen had also given us a "Creation" book with activity book and CD-ROM from Bible Adventure Club so I was able to incorporate that as well. I have to recommend the Bible Adventure Club kits (they have a Noah, David, Jonah, and Jesus one as well). After we did those activities, we worked on some more phonics and reading. It was a great time!
Here she is in her "first day of school outfit." I can't believe how old she looks! She is becoming such a neat and wonderful young lady and I love the fact that I get to watch her develop all day everyday. I also love the fact that neither one of us has to put on shoes! :)
Here she is coloring the first page of her "Creation book" illustrating the separation of light and darkness. She's looking forward to getting all of the pages together and making her very own book!Drew asked me last night if I was ready to officially become a teacher. I told him I was excited but really felt like it was in most ways going to be "business as usual" because I'd been her teacher since the day she was born. Once I said it, it really hit me once again how much influence I have in our children's lives. It was a humbling moment. I am very grateful, though, to be able to be our children's primary teacher and continually pray for wisdom and guidance. Here's to a great year of kindergarten!
No comments:
Post a Comment