Friday, September 17, 2010

Ballet Bound

I'm doing a little catching up, can't you see? Last Thursday was the start of something new for our household. The girls are starting ballet! Through the High Country Christian Homeschoolers Group there is something called "Thoughtful Thursday." Thoughtful Thursday is co-op classes scheduled at 1 hour increments from 11:30-2:30 meeting in different rooms at Mt. Vernon Church. The co-op classes cover everything from physics and creative writing for older children to phonics lessons and ballet for younger ones and everything in between. There is a ballet class for those 4-6 years old that meets from 12:30-1:30 and my wonderful mother-in-law volunteered to take and bring home Evie, Mary Fran, and Ruthie if we wanted them to participate (Ward and LeeAnne nap at 1 and the babies eat then as well). With that all set, Drew and I decided to sign the girls up!
Here they are last week before their first class. Daphne hosted a birthday lunch for me with the Petrey ladies and they left from there. Our girls wanted to wear their ballet slippers but I told them they needed to wear different shoes there and change so they wouldn't mess up their slippers. They were disappointed but understood. :) As you can see, Ward and LeeAnne didn't want to be left out.
My two ballerinas (and Wardy, too!)
The classes are going well and the girls are enjoying them. Mary Fran had a bit of a tough time the first class but did much better this week. The younger girls have the chance to be "lambs" in the Christmas show the older girls will be doing. Evie and Mary Fran told me they are already learning the dance they would be doing. We're practicing!
I can't end this post without publicly saying "thank you" to Karen for taking our girls to the class. I am so grateful for your willingness to help and be available for the girls and me. You will never know how much you are appreciated!

2 comments:

Tian said...

OH, I didn't know your sweet children were taking! Little Esther is in class with them while I teach. Rebecca is THE BEST ballet teacher and precious young mama!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you are so welcome!! I love my ballerinas and my other ones as well! I am so BLESSED!!!!!

g'mama