Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Take One, Take Two

Well, I wanted to wait until after St. Patrick's Day to dye Easter eggs. My plan was to do it last Tuesday or Wednesday but we were struck with sickness. Being flexible, and thinking everyone was feeling better, I planned on us doing it last Friday. We got all the colors made and were waiting on them to cool down when MF said she wanted to lie down on the couch and rest (I used food dyes this year as opposed to the tablets and it calls for using 1/2 cup boiling water). She then promptly fell fast asleep. Poor little thing was so worn out from this bug that her body just closed those baby blues and took care of itself. Therefore, Evie and I forged ahead with the dyeing.
Pre-dyeing. We chose teal, pretty purple, dusty rose, and plain ol' blue.
Here are the finished products. The dusty rose and purple didn't turn out very well but Evie seemed to like them. We put some plastic sleeves on them that were left over from previous years and, bless her heart, she divided them up between her and Mary Fran without prompting.
Since MF didn't get to dye the first time, we got more eggs and set to dyeing yesterday morning. Again, before dyeing.
Everybody feeling better and ready to go! This time we chose to do mint green, teal, watermelon red, and yellow. These turned out really nice. After drying, we decorated them with stickers and put them on the table in the girls' baskets. Ward watched and drew his own little picture (he was napping when they dyeing was going on). I think next year he'll be ready!

No comments: