Well, seeing as how I have not posted much lately I thought I'd catch up. It seemed to take almost a whole week to recover from our quick trip to Charleston (for the funeral) and the time change. Anywhos, here goes...
~We did have a good week recovering although it was busy. Preschool had to be changed due to illness and pushed to this week but because of a stomach bug it has had to be rescheduled to next week. All of our families have avoided serious, long-lasting illness this winter until now so I think we've had a successful winter!
~I had a check-up with Carrington last Tuesday and everything looked great. I was measuring 20 weeks (as opposed to the 19 I was) so he may be a little bigger than the rest of ours. Or it may be that this is our fourth child and my uterus knows how to stretch. :)
~Evie went with me to the appointment and did everything from finding the heartbeat to measuring my belly. She really does enjoy medical stuff. A little midwife in training, perhaps?
~We celebrated St. Patrick's Day here on Wednesday, including a little (fun) lesson on who St. Patrick was. I was especially interested as I didn't know myself. One of the many joys of home education! We had something green at every meal including green pancakes for breakfast!
~We had a great time at the Sloan's on Saturday (as I mentioned before) and especially the beautiful Spring weather! It was in the 60's and the chil'uns thoroughly enjoyed running around on the back deck in bare feet. So did I!
~Snow and cold came back into our lives yesterday and today which is par for the course in the High Country in spring. The wonderful news is that it won't stay on the ground for long (already melted) and the temps will be back in the 50's tomorrow.
~Last Wednesday night at Home Group, one of our host's children displayed a stomach bug he had contracted. It went through their house from Wednesday night until Sunday. Sunday night Dustin, Daphne, and Ruthie dealt with it. I was hoping we may have dodged the bullet but this morning I woke up with it followed by Drew and then Ward. It is violent but short-lived (12-18 hours). Thank the Lord for that! The girls have done well with no sign so far and enjoyed having Drew home early today, especially when he brought them some DVD's to watch.
~Yesterday Drew and I went for our "official" 20 week ultrasound at the hospital. It took about an hour and our little guy showed himself off in all ways possible. He put on quite a show!
Here's his little profile (head on the left and belly on the right). Also of note is that we have a definite first name...Cade
This is the name we had originally decided on. We tried other names but nothing seemed to fit him. The middle name is still up for debate but we do have a few "finalists" so I'll post his full name when we arrive at a decision.


4 comments:
Bless your heart!!! That tummy bug is NOT fun! Especially when both mommy and daddy have it along with a kid. It has made the grand rounds here Thursday through today...its a shame spring has to come with this nasty little habit. I am SO VERY THANKFULL for indoor plumbing, ultimate crib sheets and lysol! Here is to warm temps on the way and healthy days! Oh and I love the name! martha
I'm so glad you are feeling better! The ultrasound pictures are beautiful...such a miracle! Enjoy the warmer days ahead : )
he is just so precious!!
I love the name Cade!
PRECIOUS BABY! I can't wait to get my hands on him!!! What happened to the name Stokes?? Love to all!
MeMe/Mom
Post a Comment