Thursday, March 11, 2010

Impatience

Today we went to the Hope Pregnancy Center here in Boone. This is a great non-profit organization that offers counseling to women who are pregnant and not sure where to go. A couple of years ago they raised enough money to get an ultrasound machine with the thought that if women who were considering abortions saw that there few week old baby was in fact a baby and not an abstract embryo then they would be less likely to choose abortion. From what I understand it has been a great success and saved several baby's lives and that's only that they know of. They do ultrasounds for free on pregnant women even if you're not considering abortion and this is how we found out that Ward was a boy before our regularly scheduled ultrasound. Well, my ultrasound is in a mere two weeks but I just couldn't wait any longer. I called early this week and got an appointment for this morning. This baby is no different than our others and made it very clear that it is a... BOY!!!!

This is not a picture of his private place (I spared you that) but one of the great profile shots. You can clearly see his ear near the right side and profile as well as his belly and hip. He looks healthy and while I am technically 18 weeks and 2 days he is measuring 19 weeks and 1 day. All that means is that he may come early like the rest of ours. I told the wonderful nurse we had, Janet, that I was planning on anytime between the end of July and beginning of August. He may just come on your birthday, Dad!
We had a name picked out but in the last few weeks that has become a changing thing. When we settle on a name, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a parting shot of his sweet little foot...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at my precious grandson! I already love him sooo much!! I can't wait to get my hands on you, sweet boy! Love to all! MeMe

Just A Work In Progress said...

Look at that sweet baby! I love ultrasounds...I have always been so impatient too : ) Congratulations to you all!!!

Mary said...

Congrats on your second baby boy! Love the little foot, how precious!

Sharon said...

Drew and Fran, That is awesome! Congrats from the Lawrence family on your 4th, a sweet little boys. Love the ultrasound pics!