Sunday, August 31, 2008

Football Saturday

Yesterday morning we headed down to Mooresville to Drew's aunt and uncle's house to watch the ASU/LSU game. As many of you may know, kickoff was moved from 4 pm to 10 am because of Hurricane Gustav. We all gathered at Kris and Marshall's last year to listen to ASU get the upset on Michigan so I guess you could say this has become a little bit of a tradition. Thankfully, we were able to go because Mooresville is only 45 minutes from Lenoir (where we deliver) which is the same distance it is from our house to Lenoir.
Anywho, the Mountaineers had a good showing I would say but you can tell LSU was not going to be embarrassed as the Wolverines were last year. LSU, as usual, looked strong and we got out without getting beat up. We had a wonderful time together and I thought you might like to see some pics...
All the female cousins had a sleepover at Kris and Marshall's Friday night and decorated the doors into their "media room." Go Mountaineers!!!
The gang watching the game.
Cousin Hannah, Mary Fran, and Ruthie cheering ASU on.
Aunt Kris got the little girls a pool to play in. I didn't bring our girls' bathing suits, unfortunately, so they got to swim "nudey tudey." Evie slung her panties into the bushes after a few minutes, so the pictures had to be strategic. :) As far as MF goes, I have never seen a fuller diaper and I eventually had to take it off before it fell off. Fun times!
Tomorrow is Ma Maw's birthday, so we celebrated with a cake and presents. As you can see, her favorite color is purple. Happy Early Birthday, Ma Maw! We love you!
After watching a few more games and spending time with everyone, we headed on back to Boone. It was a great day with our family and a good way to start the football season. We're excited tomorrow is Labor Day and Daddy gets to stay with us all day! Hope y'all have a great long weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pic of MF is just precious, and I love the story about Evie flinging her panties in the bushes :-) I just wish I'd have been outside to see it!

Anonymous said...

Love the pool pic!! Watch out, Evester... No more flinging of those panties!! ;>) They look like they are having a ball!!! I can't wait to see y'all! Lots and lots of love! MeMe