Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blueberries, Blueberries, Blueberries

Today we went blueberry picking. Karen has been going to a place over in Banner Elk for several years now where you pick your own for a donation. When we drove up I was amazed at how many bushes they had! All of them were very nicely pruned and bursting with berries. We all got our buckets (girls included) and started picking.
Here's Mary Fran picking her first berries. She actually did very well in just getting the ripe ones.
The first of the loot. Now, this little one did a good job picking but then began eating them by the handful. I was a little afraid she might turn blue.
Eves inspecting the berries to see which ones were ripe.
In the bucket it goes!
Here's what Evie picked. I was so proud of her as she had eaten very few, then... I didn't get lunch out soon enough and that bucket was diminished by about 2/3rds.
We had a wonderful time with MaMaw, PawPaw, and Grandmama. The girls did very well and I picked about 1 gallon for us to take home. Counting all that were eaten we got well over a gallon! :) Once I got home, I filled 9 quart bags about 1/3 full (so as to lay flat) to freeze and we still have plenty to eat on. Oh, I do love the summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW PRECIOUS!!! That looks like lots of fun! What a wonderful experience for Evie and Mary Fran!! The blueberries look delicious!! YUMMMM! I would have loved to have been able to be there! Love to all! MeMe/Mom/Debbie

All In Lexington said...

Hey Fran! I found your blog through Marianne Bruner's and it's been great catching up on you and your precious little ones! Looks like ya'll are doing well and enjoying life. We have 2 little ones now too and are enjoying every minute of it! We live right down the street from Regan now-would love to see you if ya'll stop by some time! Congrats on the new little one! Love,
Rebekah Courtney Flanagan