Today is MaMaw's birthday. This is a very special lady in all of our lives. One of the things that I love about MaMaw is that she is ready and willing to help whenever needed. For instance, we bought a bushel of beans this past Saturday and were going to go home and can them (which can be laborious). We stopped by to check in with MaMaw and she offered to take half of them and "work them up" (which includes stringing them, breaking them, and canning them...it takes a good while). By that evening, she had canned 12 pints of beans for us. What a blessing!! Need I also mention the time she and Ernie painted most of the rooms in our old house, cleaned our current house twice after Ward was born, and fed us numerous times. MaMaw is a wonderful woman to talk to and a wealth of information. So, Happy Birthday, MaMaw! We love you!I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do. ~Helen Keller
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
A Very Special Lady
Today is MaMaw's birthday. This is a very special lady in all of our lives. One of the things that I love about MaMaw is that she is ready and willing to help whenever needed. For instance, we bought a bushel of beans this past Saturday and were going to go home and can them (which can be laborious). We stopped by to check in with MaMaw and she offered to take half of them and "work them up" (which includes stringing them, breaking them, and canning them...it takes a good while). By that evening, she had canned 12 pints of beans for us. What a blessing!! Need I also mention the time she and Ernie painted most of the rooms in our old house, cleaned our current house twice after Ward was born, and fed us numerous times. MaMaw is a wonderful woman to talk to and a wealth of information. So, Happy Birthday, MaMaw! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment