Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to Business

Actually, we've been in high gear business around here for a while, hence, the lack of blog posts. We've been going pretty strong for the past couple of weeks and are showing the wear for it. That's another blog post or two there that I just might get up the creative energy to share soon. Wait for it. :)
Last weekend we went down to Cola town to visit my parents and brother and had a great time. The weather turned out to be nice and, as usual, it was good to see everyone. We went to the mall on Saturday as I had to return something to a Sears that carried clothes and got thoroughly overstimulated (Drew and myself included). Again, another blog post about that may be forthcoming. It was not unfruitful, however, as the girls got new "winter Crocs" (thanks, MeMe) and I was able to get some new clothes with gift certificates from my birthday and last Christmas. Saturday night we spent with dad and watched the Gamecocks put one in the win column which is always nice. The trip back to the rainy mountains (for 6 straight days) was good and we were really proud of our kiddos doing a great job traveling.
Monday was nice around here and then the girls were going to spend the night with Grandmama and Granddaddy that night. Ward and I had a recheck for his eczema in Winston Tuesday and needed to leave here about 7:30. That didn't quite go as planned, however, as we got a call around 9 pm saying the girls were really wanting to go home. Yes, this is very unusual for them but as I told Drew, "I knew they were going to break sometime but just didn't know when." Nonetheless, we all piled into the Saturn on Tuesday morning and headed down the mountain on time! Drew was in training Tues, Wed, and today so he was not able to go. Everyone did really well and we stopped to pick up a bushel of apples for applesauce on the way home.
Wednesday we had preschool here and learned about hearing. The children really enjoyed getting to look at the inside of an ear in my Anatomy book and then got to see my eardrum through my otoscope. I am really coming to understand what a "science nerd" I am as this stuff just gets me so excited! :) After preschool, "normal life" was back on the highest priority. We have had a great day today with the normal "workbook time" and even got to go pick some blueberries from our neighbor's yard after lunch. Drew and I are really striving to live simply without a lot of distractions that may be good things in and of themselves but take away from our time as a family and the precious sliver of time we have to train, mold, and study our children. It takes a lot of effort but we know that it is eternally worth it.
Without further ado, I've got a few pictures for you to take a gander at:

Last week I walked into the girls' room to get MF out of playtime and saw her reading BOB books. Take notice of the position of her legs. :) A little family portrait in PaPa and B's backyard. They sure do love each other!

And now it's back to the stuff around the house. Jonagold apples are still waiting to be cooked and made into lovely applesauce. So, ta ta for now!

No comments: