Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Full Day

Today our little Mary Frances turned 3. Where has the time gone?!? Last night I asked her what she would like for breakfast and she, without hesitation, told me, "Crepes." So, after Evie, Ward, and I sang "Happy Birthday" to her to wake her up (Drew was dove hunting) I set to work making crepes. Drew had found a great, and very easy, recipe online a while back that the girls love. It was my first time to make these, so off I went!

You think she enjoyed these? I think so!

About to head down to Aunt Daphne's for lunch. My wonderful sister-in-law did a little luncheon with all of the Petrey ladies for Mary Fran's and my birthday. We had to put on our party outfits!

Right after the singing. Oh, can I tell you how great the food was?! Daph made warm ham and Swiss sandwiches, strawberry salad with an unbelievable dressing, grapes, chips, and a fruit tea. Cupcakes rounded out our meal and we all left nice and full!

Yes, she enjoyed the cupcake as well.

A few weeks ago, I asked MF what she wanted for her BD dinner. She promptly replied, "Hamburgers and corn." As I wrote earlier, she requested peach "clobber" for dessert. We had Daddy's expertly grilled hamburgers and then sang to our Mary Frances (as you'll see below). She is showing off one of her presents from mommy and daddy, ballet shoes. Needless to say, she has growing room in them! We had a wonderful day and are so blessed with our Blondie!

OK, so I've tried to load the video twice (last night and this morning) now and it takes over 3 hours (this video is a couple of minutes in length). I'm going try it by You Tube and hopefully share the two videos from last night a little later today.

No comments: