Thursday, September 17, 2009

Home Preschool's Back!

Well, in all honesty it's been back for a few weeks now. We started off at Daph's for a little "review" and time for the three moms to plan. We decided to do the "five senses" in September, "safety" (police, fire department, 911, etc) in October, pilgrims, Indians, and thankfulness in November, and let December be a "free for all." I had the first sense to weeks ago with touch. We learned about how things touch, things that are safe to touch and things that aren't, and about Helen Keller. Last week Candace had taste and from what I understand that was a big hit! :) This week Daph had sight and we had a great time once again. We drew and colored in our "eyes" and pretended we were blind to figure out what we were holding.
Ruthie got the lego...
Heath figuring out the washcloth...
and Evie with the book. Joseph did it as well but there was no picture of it as I was trying to explain to MF that there was nothing to be scared of with the blindfold. That was a "no go."
We also made binoculars and went outside to see what we could see. Then, Daph read us "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" before we went inside and made our own little "book" of what we saw outside. It was a great day and Daph did a great job as usual.
Daphne, Candace, and I have also decided to teach the children a verse every week to memorize. We're using the book "My ABC Bible Verses" and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The verses are short but very applicable and have a really good story to demonstrate the meaning of each one. So far we have learned that...
"A soft answer turns away wrath." Proverbs 15:1
and
"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called Sons of God." Matthew 5:9
It is really wonderful to also see the Holy Spirit working in their hearts with these as everyone has been playing together even better. It is true that God's Word does not return void. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two observations:

1. I love the picture at the top of your blog! That's too cool!

2. I'm cracking up at Heath with that hand on his hip. Too cute!