While nursing Ward before lunch today I informed the girls that today would be a great tea party day. That was met by more excitement than you could stand. Evie got the phone and called to invite her favorite cousins Ruthie and LeeAnne and her favorite Aunt Daphne. They said they would be delighted to come and so we set off for a quick lunch and then to preparations. The girls did such a great job helping me make a special treat for everyone and setting the table. Then, they got all dolled up and anxiously awaited the arrival of our distinguished guests.
These lovely ladies were just the Belles of the Ball!
LeeAnne...just too much in that tutu and hairband.
With no prince crowns in sight we decided Ward needed to wear his pirate hat. As the girls said, "He'll be a nice pirate, not a mean one." Eat him with a spoon you could!
Here are our special treats that we made...Sugar and Spice Twists. We got the recipe from a book MeMe gave us called "Silly Snacks." It calls for refrigerated breadstick dough but I got pizza dough to make more (yes, I am a carb addict). They turned out quite well except for a few misshapen ones but they tasted oh, so delectable!
Our older princesses politely waiting to be served.
LeeAnne enjoyed the soft pretzels but thought she might see if Ward would share his hard one. No go on that one but he sure was glad to see her cute little eyes over his tray!
Aunt Fran with all the Petrey young 'uns. Yes, LeeAnne wanted Ward's hat. We got one with Aunt Daphne but my pictures were all blurry. Oh, you should have seen that woman's hat! It was beautiful!

2 comments:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures. I know we have the cutest grandkids anywhere around!!! I'm glad you all have so much fun together. It does this grandmama's heart good!!!
Grandmama
how did i miss the two posts below this? ...hm, i will have to go back and read them! What a cute bunch of kids!
Post a Comment