Our firstborn is growing up. Yes, I know that's stating the obvious but we have become increasingly aware just how much recently. We see her little heart and mind showing the molding we are, by God's grace, doing and see God's hand over her and her heart in more and more ways now. She is learning to control herself more now and taking on an even more "motherly" role in the family. She is also growing spiritually with the innocence and wonder only a child has. I say all of this as it has been on my heart quite a bit today. As we begin doing some more "formal" education in our home it is good to be reminded that although reading, writing, and arithmetic are important and necessary things to be taught and learned the single most important job Drew and I have is to lead a life that glorifies the Lord, pleases Him, and gives our children a hunger for the things of Him and ultimately allows the Lord to work in their lives to bring them to a saving knowledge of Him. There is no greater ministry that we have as parents than to model true, authentic Christianity to our children that will be crucial in their journey to accepting salvation. It is a sobering, daunting, and most wonderful responsibility that deserves every bit of our attention and energy. Please do not misunderstand my words and think that I believe that it is solely up to Drew or I to save our children, only the Lord can draw their hearts and only they can choose to accept Him as Lord. However, we parents are blessed beyond measure to play a pivotal and eternally significant role in this most vital drama.
May I never forget that there is a spiritual realm that is infinitely bigger than what we mere mortals see. And may I never tire in the pursuit of Christ-likeness and discipleship of the precious souls that our God has seen fit to let us mold.
2 comments:
Excellent words sweetheart, it is a great task and one worth doing!
Beautifully said, Frannie Bug! Y'all are doing a great job and it shows! You are not taking the "easy way out". It takes time, effort, patience and absolute perseverance to do what y'all are doing! That isn't easy! The rewards are priceless. The light of the Lord wiil shine! Love to all, MeMe
Post a Comment