This past week has been busy but very good. We were gearing up for Mary Fran and Ward's joint birthday party on Saturday. Both of their birthdays are in September as well as three others in our family as well as football season so I thought it would be easier just to have their party early. More on that later....
A shot of Daddy and his little ones on Thursday night. Can I tell you how much they love their daddy?
Karen (aka Grandmama) told us she wanted to spend a day with each of the three older girls (Evie, Ruthie, and Mary Fran) one-on-one and started with Evie last Friday. They had a wonderful time eating at Panera, getting a "treat" from Claire's, reading books, and even picking out something for Mary Fran (Evie's idea). This Friday was MF's turn and she had a blast with Grandmama going to Panera, reading books, and getting hairbands from Claire's (and also picking out some for Evie). Of course, the other daughter got to have a "date with mommy" (and Ward) and Eves and I decided to go pick some blackberries right down our road and then have a tea party. Well, I didn't have any tea so we decided to have a "grape juice party." I put the Wardster down for his nap and then we got started. We had such a great time with great conversations. A house sparrow lighted on our back deck which we hadn't seen before so that was really neat to see and then figure out what it was. Evie, of course, played the part of the dainty lady and served beautifully. After a little rest time for her, she helped me finish decorating her brother and sister's birthday cakes and was an excellent helper. Stay tuned there are many BD pictures to come but you'll have to wait 'til tomorrow...
1 comment:
can't wait to see the birthday party pictures...
Post a Comment