Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Great Outdoors

This past Sunday and Monday evenings our good friends, the McDills, and the Dustin Petrey's went camping. We decided to go visit them both nights and eat supper with them (we brought our own so as to not take from their supplies, of course). It was absolutely wonderful and we all had a great time. Here are a few clips...
The intricate transportation system Caleb and Josiah made in the gravel. It was even more impressive in person.
MF, Ruthie, Hannah, and Evie in the McDill's tent. Let me tell you, it was nice one!
Their tent sites.
The eating area. Let me tell you, they didn't eat the canned stuff. This was gourmet camping food!
I told Drew I think we should do some camping soon. We're planning on saving our pennies to buy a good tent and will do some camping next summer. My only stipulation to camping is that our youngest child at the time can walk as it's tough when they are crawling but you don't want them on the ground eating gravel. ;)
Monday evening Evie, MF, Ruthie, and Hannah decided to put on a little "show" for us. It was so cute but as you will see below they got a little "stage fright" when it came time for it all. I remember doing these "shows" growing up at the lake during the summers and as I sat there Monday night realized once again that that's just what parents do. They watch "shows" that don't make sense and clap like they've seen a Broadway play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! We went camping every summer with lots of families when I was growing up and it was always so much fun! PawPaw (my daddy) was the ultimate camper! The girls look so cute and look like they are having a ball! Love to all! MeMe

Anonymous said...

Oh!! That reminds me of when the cousins and I would perform shows!!! How fun! Can't wait to see more in the future!
_Molly