Sunday, August 23, 2009

Everybody's Coming to My Party!

As I said in the previous post, we had Mary Fran and Ward's birthday party this past Saturday. It was a wonderful day with our family and friends, yummy hamburgers, and great weather.
I sent out, as usual, Evite invitations and Mary Fran chose the "princess crown" one while the girls and I decided to send out a monkey one for Ward. I based their cakes off of the invitations but as you can see the monkey actually turned into a bear. Maybe I should try to take some art classes. :)
Mary Fran, with photographer in residence Aunt Molly, right before the cake singing/cutting/eating time.
"Thank you for coming to my party and singing to me."
We just couldn't let that "candle icing" go to waste!
Our buddy, Heath, came with his family. We just can't wait until tomorrow when our "homeschool preschool" starts back up and we get to see Heath, Joseph, Julia Kate, and Mrs. Candace regularly again!
After the cake and ice cream were eaten, we roasted marshmallow over the smoldering charcoals from the grill. From what I understand Grayson's girlfriend, Jessica, really helped make the children's dreams come true. Thanks, Jessica!
Eves enjoying her toasty marshmallow.
It was quite an event opening presents with six children around and the birthday boy teething. We had a great time and both Ward and MF were appreciative but I don't think I've ever opened presents that quick before! :)
"Thanks for the presents, everybody, but I really just like to chew on this ribbon."
"Look, Daddy! Behind the back!"
"Hey, LeeAnne. Peek-A-Boo!"
Oh, this was too funny! Grandmama and Granddaddy gave Mary Fran a "Cinderella wig." Mary Fran was a little gun shy on that one but LeeAnne thought she would try it on for herself. I'm just sorry this wasn't from the front. I'll try to get one soon!
Great puzzle from the Croom's. We sure missed y'all but thanks so much for the presents and we hope y'all were able to relax and enjoy being at home with each other!
Yes, LeeAnne (aka LooLan) traveled around in this bag for a brief bit.
"Give me a smile!"
Wardy boy got his own junior sized football. He loved it!
Thanks, Grandmama and Granddaddy for the ASU jersey (to go with his USC jersey)! Go Apps!
"So, what do I do with this stuff?"
Got some "boy books" for his own bookcase. Bless his little heart!
Silly girl!
"I really am excited about this camo. Can I go hunting with you, Daddy? OK, I'll start with the crows on the back deck while you're at work."
Twirling
She was literally saying, "Thank you for coming to my party" and blessing us with her new wand.
Yet another wand Mary Fran got that she shared with her big sister.
MeMe gave Ward this "Baby Grand Piano" (that wasn't completely assembled yet). Let me tell you something, that boy already has rhythm! He was playing the piano and dancing like nobody's business!
On a side note, please look at the golden horse Evie is carrying. MeMe gave Mary Fran that horse and a "Belle" doll together and the first thing MF said was, "Look, Evie, I can have Belle and you can have the horse." "Thank you, Mary Fran. I really love horses." "I know." Now that's what I call sisterly love.
This was her favorite present (from her favorite Aunt Molly). As soon as the presents were opened, she asked me if she could put it on. Of course you can, honey.
Uncle Grayson and Jessica gave little MF an "I Spy" book, which she is a whiz at, and they have a 3D one coming in the mail for her as well. Thanks so much, guys!
Spending some quality time with PaPa on the piano. Ward also got enough money for his lifetime hunting and fishing license. What a blessing!
A little song for the send off! Thanks so much to all who came and blessed us with your presence and gifts. We had such a great time!

4 comments:

Mary said...

love the cakes!! you did a great job! looks like fun was has by all :)

Anonymous said...

We have soooo much at all our celebrations!! Great pictures.

Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing all the birthday pictures. Read on a blog that Drew got sick. Hope he is well now.
Uncle Grayson and Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics!! They are precious!!! It was LOTS of fun! I thoroughly enjoyed being with my precious "babies"!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY FRAN AND WARDY BOY!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU! Love, MeMe