I was trying a little play on the children's book titled, "Blueberries for Sal." Did anyone get it? No? OK, moving on...we went blueberry picking today. That's right, the children and I loaded up this morning and headed, literally, spittin' distance from our house to pick blueberries. I had wanted to get 3 gallons but only got 2 as it was pretty warm, we had been out there for about 2 hours, and although the children were good it was stretching them to their limit. Out of that 2 gallons we got 15 quart bags full to freeze which comes out to 30+ cups of blueberries plus some to eat on for the bargain basement price of $12. Anyone want to come over for blueberry cobbler tonight? ;) I didn't get many pictures but wanted to share our adventure...
Ward did well and after some crying went on to sleep. He had apple and blueberries baby food for lunch so he didn't totally miss out on the blueberry goodness. :)
Ward did well and after some crying went on to sleep. He had apple and blueberries baby food for lunch so he didn't totally miss out on the blueberry goodness. :)
Gettin' ready to pick. The girls really did well and picked the blue (not red, purple, or green ones). However, anyone who's picked blueberries before knows it's tedious work and why they're so expensive in the grocery store. They played hide and seek after picking for a while and then decided to take turns picking and then pretending to be the "cashier." While we didn't do "school" this morning, we did have a wonderful lesson in perseverance and hard work along with enjoying the fruits of our labor! We're planning on going back for maybe one more gallon soon as we LOVE us some blueberries!This is just for your viewing pleasure. Ward has some new "tricks!"
4 comments:
they are all so adorable...it seems like just yesterday Ward was born! i can't believe he is almost 1..they grow way to fast!!
I totally remember the book - now ya'll can have your own version! "Blueberries for Us" glad ya'll had such a good time!
Looks and sounds like fun! I love the video of Ward and his "wave"! He's just too cute!! "My girls" are, of course, precious, as usual!! I miss them SOOOOO MUCH!! Love to all! MeMe
I love the pictures and of course the video of Ward's new "tricks!" I appologize for not coming to help you yesterday with the picking of the blueberries. I did something to my back and did not end up going to exercise and therefore forgot to call you! I am so sorry!!
Post a Comment