Every 3rd Sunday in July the Grayson Family gets together for a family reunion. I look forward to this every year. We have 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th cousins there and we all know each other. It may seem unbelievable that we keep up with all this family but I assure you we do.
The Grayson Family began with Walter and Sarah Grayson who you see in the middle of the picture on the right. There were eight children but the first died soon after birth. My grandmama, Evelyn, was the oldest of the children who followed which included five daughters and two sons. The picture on the left is all of the brothers and sisters and their spouses at my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary (they are the ones in the middle). Of the seven brothers and sisters, the youngest three are still here. There has been a Grayson Family Reunion since before I was born and I don't think we will be stopping anytime soon. Did I mention the food is unbelievable?
Here is my dad and his three brothers. Good looking group, huh?
After we eat, every family (from the original Grayson family matriarch or patriarch) gets up for a group shot and family update. Here is Evelyn Grayson Goodman's family of which we are proud to be a part of. This is a picture of all my uncles, aunts, and cousins.
Aunt Donia (my great aunt) married a Catholic gentleman and they had six children. The ongoing joke is that the Moody family takes up half of the Town Hall where we meet.
Uncle Holland's son and his family. They had the youngest member of the family, a grandson.
Aunt Dottie with her family.
This is the Claussen family. Chris's mother was actually my Grandmama's aunt but Grandmama's mother took her in and raised her as her own when her parents died. Therefore, she was more of a sister in the family than an aunt.


No comments:
Post a Comment