She called it her "car" and told me how she built it. Oh, what can be done with an unblemished imagination!
I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do. ~Helen Keller
Monday, January 19, 2009
Playtime
Every morning the girls have playtime alone while I take a shower and get ready. Mary Fran goes stays in the nursery in the crib with several books and one or two toys. Evie stays in the girls' room and can play with the play kitchen, read books, or a few things we have gotten out of their closet. We have found it to be a good thing for them to have time alone and learn to entertain themselves. Today Evie asked to play with the Lego's Uncle Grayson gave her for her birthday. After playtime was over I walked into their room to find she had created this...
She called it her "car" and told me how she built it. Oh, what can be done with an unblemished imagination!
She called it her "car" and told me how she built it. Oh, what can be done with an unblemished imagination!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fran,
I love this idea of quiet 'playtime'. I've been trying to figure out a way to teach Jack to be better about playing by himself if I'm trying to do work around the house. I'll have to try that...I know I'm fun, but he doesn't need constant entertainment! :)
Post a Comment