For those of you who don't know, we have a pot luck lunch after church every Sunday. It's really great and as RD Hodges says, "This is the best Sunday lunch in Boone." Clean up is handled by everyone but this Sunday the kids decided to be especially involved. Drew got them all together (ages 13 to 2) after everyone had finished and had them go to the tables and ask, "May I take your plate for you?". They then took them to the kitchen (we use plastic plates and wash them to cut down on cost and waste). The young ladies headed to the kitchen to wash and dry and the young men wiped down the tables and chairs, took off the plastic table covers, and helped stack the chairs up. The young men also helped put up the tables and vacuum. They did a great job and it just reinforced to me that kids want to help and are able to given the right amount of direction. Evie helped dry dishes with her good friend, Hannah, and MF put the toys back in the closet and helped the boys vacuum by holding the hose for them (central vac). Here are a few pictures...
The ladies in the kitchen. I didn't get a pic of the boys as I was nursing Ward and they were pretty much done when I finished.
The ladies in the kitchen. I didn't get a pic of the boys as I was nursing Ward and they were pretty much done when I finished.
Look at that expert drying technique! She did so well and took her job seriously.
Before church. I just couldn't leave without getting a picture of MF in that hat! How cute!
After their naps, we made Rice Krispie treats. The girls just had to wear their new aprons and chef's hats mommy and daddy gave them for Christmas. They are great helpers and I'm not just saying that as their mom. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment