As we have now officially crossed into our 8th month of pregnancy (32 weeks yesterday) I have been thinking a lot about having and raising a boy. I have always said that I wanted a house full of little boys and just needed one girl. I have nothing against little girls but I know first hand all the emotions and mood swings and whatnot that go into even little girls and just felt boys might be "easier." Now, before I go any further let me tell you that I love the fact that God has entrusted us with two girls to raise and I am eternally grateful as I can relate to them and teach them about becoming Godly women ways Drew is not able.
Back to boys, however. As I have been pondering raising a "little man" I am again eternally grateful that the Lord would entrust us with this mission. As with our girls, I am overwhelmed and excited because the more I look around the more I see the need for strong, Christian men to be shepherd-leaders as Christ was. I have been humbled at the prospect of raising, along with Drew, a man of God and wonder at times if I'll be able to.
However, through our little Eves the Lord reminded me yesterday that I have all I need. She began singing some Scripture she had memorized and the Lord pricked my heart to show me who's really in charge. Evie was singing, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13. It is not through my own strength that I am able to teach, mold, and shape the hearts of the little ones He's given us (boys or girls) but through His strength. I am encouraged once again to truly dig into His Word, memorize Scripture, meditate on it, and be obedient to it.
Having a little boy has been a dream of mine and I am so thankful for the Lord answering my prayers. May He be glorified in all that we do and say in our home.
2 comments:
does this mean that you are indeed having a boy?
if you are..... GET READY :0)
I've said it a thousand times---its a bond like no other, but man they are a handful. Not even in their actions, but it's more overwhelming to raise a boy to be like Jesus. My prayer for my little Gaines is that he will encompass as many qualities of our Lord as He wills.
Yes, Kerri, we're having a boy. We're really excited! Thanks for the advice and it's comforting to know one more mom on the "raising a boy to be a man of God" track! :)
Post a Comment