Friday, July 6, 2012

Bronchiolitis

That's what we've been dealing with this week...bronchiolitis.  Cade had a runny nose last weekend which I thought was from his last tooth that is obviously coming in.  The cough starting Monday night proved it was not.  Tuesday he was having some trouble breathing which was helped by an Albuterol nebulizer treatment.  I took him in seeing as the next day was the 4th and the pediatrician's would be closed.  Bronchiolitis was the diagnosis (thankfully no pneumonia).  It's viral and nothing can really be done for it but nebs and only if they help (sometimes they don't depending on the virus causing it).  We started him on treatments every 2 hours and were able to space them out to every 4 yesterday.  Here's our little man being so big...
Oh, did I mention all of us have it now except for Drew?  Thankfully, it doesn't affect the older ones as much as the little ones, so the girls and I are doing OK.  Ward's coughing some but we started him on Albuterol every 4 hours last night to get ahead of it and so far we are.  It's no fun having sick little ones but I am so thankful that we have the medicine to treat it adequately and we are able to stay home after some busy weeks.  Pardon all the info (which may be TMI) but I couldn't resist showing you our big boy. :)

No comments: