Friday, March 4, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

Well, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Much to the contrary, I've been right here. When I looked at the last post and saw it was well over two weeks ago I felt quite embarrassed that I've let it go that long. There has been much going on here so I say that is my "excuse." To catch up I thought I'd give you a glimpse into my mind. Yes, it's a scary place...
We have been sick. The last post I wrote was on Valentine's Day and that night Drew felt he had some congestion in his chest. The next morning he woke up sick and felt as though it might be the flu. A trip to the doctor ruled that out but the virus was flu-like in its symptoms. Thankfully, it didn't last as long as the flu (2 1/2 days). My man returned to work on Thursday and we headed out to Columbia on that Friday for the weekend. We were really excited about going to a couple's shower for Grayson and Jessica that Saturday night. Unfortunately, Ward developed a 102/103 fever mid-morning and after his nap and some Ibuprofen we felt it best we head on back to Fleetwood. Bless his heart, he took it like a trooper (being sick). I have to say that although that was the right decision for us it was tough. While we had gotten to see mom and that was good, I was so looking forward to seeing Grayson and Jess and celebrating their upcoming wedding. Sometimes it can be hard to live away from family.
By the time we arrived home on Saturday evening, I was sick as was Mary Fran. Evie woke up in the middle of the night with this same flu-like virus. Again, I am thankful that it didn't last the week that the flu does but this one really put you down and as any mother can tell you, it's hard when momma goes down. :)
This week we are all recovered except for Cade (who we thought was the only one to escape it) who has had a runny nose and cough. I have to say that I don't mind the extra snuggle time with him as he's pretty snugly!
The weather is starting to mild up and none too soon. We had a pretty impressive thunderstorm earlier this week and in case you didn't know, thunder is spelled S-P-R-I-N-G. I have battled the "winter blues" as usual and am ready to say "Ta Ta" and send them packing to, say, Greenland.
We're having "Deep Cleaning Saturday" tomorrow which will be a first for me. We never did this growing up and I'm getting kind of excited about the Spring Cleaning! I have a feeling it'll be like shedding a few pounds...
Our school has continued in spite of sickness with a few days off here and there. Evie's really reading well and amazes me with her math skills. Atta baby! Mary Fran is reading more as well and is really fascinated with cats. The Wardster can count to ten and knows at least half of the alphabet. That is, if you can translate it. Cade has drawn the plans for the next space shuttle and is in talks with NASA. As you can see, we produce geniuses around here.
Well, thanks for tuning in to "A Look Inside Fran's Mind." I know it's a scary place and you may want to go lie down now. Just remember, you don't have to live in here. :)

No comments: