Thursday, March 17, 2011

The RSV

Well, we've avoided it until now. Having not had a baby get RSV that is. We have succumbed, though. Cade has had a runny nose for the past week but has been acting normal. He's teething and I attributed it to that. We went to Cola town this past weekend for a shower for Grayson and Jessica and our youngest went with us that night because he goes where the milk goes. :)
On Monday I noticed him sneezing a little but was fine otherwise. Tuesday he was sneezing more, more snot, and had a cough. I started him on some homeopathics I have here and ran the humidifier. Yesterday he was not himself and, as I told Drew, I saw him smile twice the whole day long and that is NOT our child. Last night was rough for him and I gave him some of Ward's Albuterol to open him up some. To the doctor's we went today with the whole crew in tow. I have to tell you it's a blessing to have children who know how to behave. They're not perfect (and neither are we) but I was able to take them all and know I wouldn't have any problems. When it became apparent we would be there a little longer than expected, I called Drew to get the older 3 since his office is spittin' distance from the Ped's office. After a nebulizer treatment and positive result to the RSV test, we were sent home to do Albuterol every 3 hours and to watch. His O2 sat was 98% before the treatment so our doc was comfortable sending him home. Days 3 and 4 are the worst with RSV and by my calculations we're on Day 3. If we can make it to Saturday at home then we should be home free.
Please pray for our little man. He has perked up considerably after getting the neb in the office but we are not out of the woods yet. Thankfully, none of the other kids have had even so much as a sniffle (RSV would only be a cold in them). Please pray for Cade that his body would heal and he would be able to stay home and fight this. Also pray that no one else would get sick and that Drew, Cade, and I would be able to rest well tonight. We'll keep you updated!

No comments: