Saturday, March 5, 2011

Deep Cleaning Saturday

We had a successful day yesterday. Successful and exhausting...but in a very good way. Spring Cleaning did end up feeling like shedding a few pounds and our house seems to feel lighter and have a little bounce in its step. It was the perfect day to do it because it rained the ENTIRE day long. I won't mention that the rain turned to snow around mid-morning today but the good thing about Spring snows is that they don't stick around long. But I digress...
We started off the morning with a big breakfast. Drew cooked up some sausage and then his faithful sidekick, Evie, helped him make some biscuits. Let me tell you, those were some kinda biscuits and reminded me of my Grandmama Goodman's. We have a baker on our hands!After the eggs were done (fresh from the McDill's chickens) we sat down to the most important meal of the day and fueled up for our workday.
Here's the baker herself rolling out the dough.
The finished product!
Mary Fran beat the eggs and made them "light and fluffy."
Wardster supervised the cooking of the sausage. He is very much a carnivore.



Here's a little video of the action!

Look at those plates. Breakfast of champions!
As I said, yesterday's deep clean was a success with only the mopping of the hardwood floors, the laundry room, and the boys' room not getting done. The laundry room I'll do this week and I just finished in the boys' room. Mopping either tonight or tomorrow. I had done all the "regular" cleaning last week so we could get to the "deep stuff." Our little ones were great helpers and enjoyed having different jobs (and being allowed to play in between). We thought about seeing if G'mama and G'dadddy could watch them so Drew and I could really get in there but are glad we kept them with us. You know, having the chil'uns around did slow us down some but we have found that if we let them be a part of what we're doing now and learn even if it slows us down, they will be such a blessing later. They learn that they are part of a team, a valuable part of a team, and that gives them worth and purpose. That is what we want to build in them.


Here's a little video that I took about a week and a half or so ago. He had been laughing a good bit before I turned on the video, of course. This just makes me smile!

1 comment:

Robbie, Martha, Campbell, and Maggie said...

Do you all want to come do our house next?