Monday, February 14, 2011

Next Steps

Happy Valentines, all! We're enjoying Spring-like temps and 55 mph winds. I can deal with the winds, though, because it's not blowing snow. ;)
Anywho, today has been a "first day" here at Chateau Petrey. Our big 6 month old, Cade, is starting to taste food from the table. Well, baby food from the table. He has been acting increasingly more interested in food lately so we thought it might be time. At his 6 month check-up last week he was 16 lbs and 26 inches long. He's not growing as fast as he was at first but our pediatrician thinks that's just fine as our children really aren't ever huge. So, after his morning nap and "lunchtime" nursing I mixed up some rice cereal for him to try. The older ones were quite excited and Evie really wanted to feed him herself!
Here's Mr. Cade getting ready for his first semi-solid meal and seat in the booster seat. Like the bib?
Here's is a quick video by Evie. The first couple of bites he liked but then I think he may have changed his mind. First try and I bet once there are some flavors to taste, he'll get right on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cade is so precious, Fran!!!!
It's in the 70's here today & we are loving it...i have all the windows open :-) Happy Valentines Day!!!