Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our Solar System

Today we learned about our solar system...we ALL learned about it. We've been doing "unit studies" if you will and our current one is astronomy. Monday night we went out to watch the meteor shower and saw 2 meteors (aka falling stars). Evie's been sick since Monday afternoon and we went to the doctor's yesterday so we picked back up on our studies today. Of course I wanted to introduce the planets in our solar system and how they orbit first so we all painted "planets." Here's a little taste...

After they dried we taped our "planets" to the fan with the light being the sun so that the planets could "orbit." I have to say I had quite a lot of fun and the children CAN'T WAIT for daddy to get home to see it. How fun!

2 comments:

Mary said...

That is SO cool, Fran!!! I would have never thought to do the fan thing!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Frannie Bug!! What a great teacher you are!! Love y'all! MeMe