That's the name of my new workout...Insanity. About midway through Cade's pregnancy I became REALLY tired of Tae-Bo. Don't get me wrong, Tae-Bo is a great workout but I've been doing it for about 11 years now. I started adding it in a couple of days a week my senior year in college because I was getting burned out on running everyday. It's been nice but has gotten old. ANYWAY, I saw Insanity on an infomercial by chance one day near the end of Cade's pregnancy and it really intrigued me. I liked the fact that it was intense and something I could do to really get my heart pumping (and calories burning) during the winter when it's too cold and dark to run in the early morning hours (no street lights on our road).
With money from my birthday, I bought the DVD's on Ebay. My plan has been to wait until Cade was sleeping through the night before starting as I'd have to wake early and I really do need a good 7-8 hours of straight sleep to wake up early. :) In the period between his birth and now the goal was to just not gain anymore weight. The boy is making it through the night now and I wanted to start this morning but wouldn't you know he decided he wanted a little snack at 4:30. I ended up sleeping until 7:30 and planned to do the first DVD, the "Fit Test," during rest time. The "Fit Test" is where you do different exercises for one minute each trying to get as many as you can in to that time frame. You do it at different times during the 60 days of "Insanity" and can see your progress. Let me tell you, just that little test kicked my tail! I knew I wasn't in tip top shape but I really found it out today! Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to getting pushed to the limit and having something new to do while working out (and getting through the winter!). I do want to make sure that my primary focus isn't on weight loss and getting in shape but on taking care of my body as God wants me to. I know far too well about making my body an idol and I don't want that to happen.
So, here goes! Ask me tomorrow just how sore I am and I'm sure I'll be able to tell you "pretty darn." It'll be an adventure, though, and I'm looking forward to it!
2 comments:
I've heard great reviews about the Insanity workout. Several people I know have done it. Good luck!
See, it concerns me that if you found the "fit test" hard, I just might die while doing it. And we all know that when you die, you lose a very important part of yourself. It's tragic, really.
Molly
Post a Comment