- It's absolutely beautiful up here and we are enjoying playing on the deck a lot, going for walks, and playing on the Dustin Petrey's playground.
- Evie has decided that she likes the name "Cade Lancaster" for Cade as opposed to Cade Jones, which will be his name, and proceeds to call him that when talking to or kissing my belly.
- The Eves has also decided that Ward's name from her should be "Buddy." Guess I've used that too often in speaking to him.
- Speaking of little Cade, I had a dream last week that he was born (at term). He had blond hair and the most precious face. This dream has really made me anxious to meet our little fella, however, I do want him to wait at least 11 more weeks. I had a dream about 8 weeks before Ward was born where he was born on Sept 29th in the late afternoon/early evening. The boy was born on Sept 29th a little before 5 PM and looked just like he did in my dream. We'll see if it proves true with Cade!
- Mary Fran just finished a workbook writing her letters. It's pretty amazing how well she has done. She also continues to amaze me with the way her mind is constantly moving. Yesterday she was painting a picture of a firefly family and had about a million questions for me about fireflies. "Mommy, why do fireflies light up?" "Why do fireflies have wings?" "Why do they have to fly? Why can't they just walk or drive a car or ride a bus?"
- Mary Fran is also really coming into her role as big sister in protecting and teaching Ward. We told her recently that she wasn't just a little sister but also a big sister and I think she's really taken it to heart.
- Ward is jabbering all the time now. His words are less gibberish and more formed with definite meaning to him. He has several words down and adding by the day and is about one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Oh, he's also following in the Petrey men's footsteps and likes clean floors. The broom and mop are definitely his friends.
- We're 26 weeks and 2 days into this pregnancy. It's going well and Cade is a definite mover and shaker. All the movement is from my bellybutton down as he continues to stay really low. It's tougher to move now and no way I can sit lady like but I will still try. Running twice a week still for 3.5 miles and hope to keep that up until he comes. Maybe I can rest long enough at night to run 3 times a week again. :)
- Really ready for my left ear to be unstopped. It's been this way since Sunday and nothing will get it to pop (yawning, swallowing, holding my nose and blowing, putting a hot water bottle up to it). Decongestants and nasal rinses have not done the trick either and I've given all sufficient time and still am. Hopefully, the ENT can do something tomorrow when I go as I know it has to do with my allergies and drainage. Kinda tough to corral 3 kids when I have to keep them on my right side to hear.
- Excited about the NC Home Educators Conference in Winston at the end of this month. We won't be able to hear any of the speakers this year due to some scheduling conflicts but I'll be heading down to the bookfair to look at some things for Evie and MF for next year and hopefully some birthday and Christmas presents for all three as well. It will be great to really get my hands on some of the different curriculums I've been looking at for us for the future. We've decided not to go with a formal curriculum for kindergarten and are excited about embarking more formally with the education in our home. I have really come to see what an invaluable resource our own library is for me as the main teacher as well as for our children. We're always learning here!
- Going to plant our raised beds again this year. One will be devoted to green beans while the other will have zucchini, squash, lettuce. Tomatoes will be in pots and herbs on the deck. I'm going to try to use some herbs for medicinal purposes and make them into tinctures and salves. Scared now, aren't you? ;)
- Five gallons of strawberries should be arriving this evening. Let the jam makin' begin!
- And lastly, I was informed yesterday that my husband is going to kidnap me on Saturday afternoon for a date. My mom will be up here this weekend and graciously agreed to watch our 3 so we could go to Asheville to The Cove for a fancy dinner and Andrew Peterson concert. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. The dinner and concert will be great but I'm really looking forward to having alone time with my hubby. (Are you blushing yet, honey?)
Well, that wasn't short but that's what happening here. I'm now off to have my quiet time, rest, and then get to doing everything else that goes on around here. Hope you enjoyed your update and, yes, you're welcome. ;)
1 comment:
Please, oh please share your secret of running with me...I find it difficult to do with an empty uterus and here you are more than half-way to the finish line! Help me get that desire back! : )
On another note, I love hearing about the going's on at your house! They often sound remarkably like mine! Without you even knowing it you're an encouragement to me! Thanks Fran!
Post a Comment