Yes, I am still catching up. I know I have a "built-in excuse" with 4 children but my desire is to be more disciplined in updating the blog. The fact of the matter is that we have gotten away from our philosophy that we need to make sure we are doing the best things for our family and not simply good things. We are getting back on track and back to simplicity, so watch for more consistent updates and, yes, you can hold me accountable. :)
Here's a little something to get you going...
Yes, that's a squirrel Evie is holding. Drew has been wanting to make some squirrel dumplings and since they're in season, he's gotten a couple (namely the ones stealing our birdseed and scaring the birds away). Yes, Evie watched, captivated, as her daddy skinned and dressed the squirrel on our front porch. It was a great science lesson. Drew says the meat is like dark meat chicken (he ate some growing up) and has cooked the meat from this one. It is frozen in our freezer awaiting some more meat to make dumplings with or maybe a squirrel pie. I'm not sure I'll be eating any of the meat but I will support my husband. :)
On a lighter note, the Wee Cycle Children's Consignment Sale started this past Saturday. It will be going until this Saturday, the 20th. Since I volunteered for 6 hours, I was able to go to the earliest pre-sale Thursday night. It was great!! I founds some wooden train tracks with a magnetic train for $8, a baby doll stroller for $6, a set of about 6 big coloring books for $4 (all will be Christmas presents), this toboggan and mitten set for $4, a Christmas dress for MF, shirt for Evie, and button-down shirt and khakis for Ward all for less than $50 (including tax). Thanks again, Sharon, for putting this all together for us! You do a great job and it is so nice to be able to get quality clothing, etc for our family at great prices and make a little money as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment