Hello everyone! I've been trying to post some pictures since Friday and have been unable to do so. I'm trying to see if something is wrong with the site but until then I thought I'd share about Cade's 2 week check-up today...
I had a feeling he was over 10 lbs but wasn't sure. They put him on the scale and it registered 10 lbs, 7.5 ozs. When we were there for a check-up 2 days after our discharge he was 8 lbs, 15.5 ozs. That's right ladies and gentlemen, in a mere 12 days our son has put on 1 lb, 8 ozs. That's 1 1/2 pounds. It's pretty amazing if you ask me! The good news is, though, that he's eating about every 3 hours (even at night) so he's not demanding food all that time. I guess he just knows what to do with it once he has it! :)
You know, I've been wondering if maybe I ate more sugar, especially near the end, and that is what caused him to be so big. The more I think about it, though, I don't think that's so because I was showing pretty good at a mere 8 weeks. I chalked it up then to it being our fourth but I think now it was a sign that he was big from the beginning!
In other news, we had Mary Fran and Ward's birthday party this past Saturday. We did it in the late afternoon and had snacks along with cake and ice cream. We were planning on being outside most of the time to let the kids play in the Slip 'n' Slide and water table. The weatherman said it was going to be beautiful. It rained. We had fun inside, though, and the kids didn't seem to mind. As soon as Blogger decides to act straight, I'll post pictures. Now I'm off to fold some towels...
2 comments:
Congratulations, Fran! To this day I think my twins were off the twin chart big due to the "Doctor's orders" daily milk shakes the last 8 weeks. I was losing weight and he told me to drink a shake a day. I was thrilled to oblige. And Bethany was 6.8 and Nathan 8.1!
Congratulations, Fran! I miss seeing you in the neighborhood! I hope to see you all at the Edmisten Reunion!
Post a Comment