A couple of weeks ago, the girls and I were sitting on the couch together. They were both on my lap and then Evie got off and sat next to me. She looked at me and said, "Mommy, I want Mary Fran to sit on my lap." I said, "OK, let's ask Mary Fran." Of course, Mary Fran said "yes" and there they sat for quite a while as I made lunch for us. It was such a precious moment.I know I've said this before but we are really striving to create a home environment that encourages the girls to love and respect one another. Yes, they have there times of bickering but they really are to a minimum. Our desire is for them to think first of each other and not of themselves and as they learn and internalize that here, they will apply it outside our home.
"Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8
No comments:
Post a Comment