Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Revelation

The other morning when I was running I was listening to some music when a thought struck me.

God doesn't need anything.

So often I find myself thinking that in some small way God needs me. He doesn't. He is Almighty, Omnipotent God and has no needs. But here's what stuck me...

He wants me.

The Lord of Heaven and Earth desires to have fellowship and a relationship with me. He created Adam and Eve to bring glory to Himself and to commune with Him even though He knew sin would enter the world and He would have to ultimately sacrifice His Son to pay for it. I had to stop mid-stride to let that one sink in.

What great and awesome love that is. You are wanted by the God of the universe. You are desired so much that He left the glory and splendor of Heaven to inhabit this cold, cruel, filthy Earth to be born as a helpless babe to die. All for you. And you only have to accept it.

Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Robbie, Martha, Campbell, and Maggie said...

Great post ... Thank you and Merry Christmas!

One of Us said...

. Grace indeed .